[Spambayes] SpamBayes and Outlook 2013

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Jan 9 21:22:53 CET 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:36:18AM -0600, Cliff Whitney wrote:
>    Is there any way to make the current SpamBayes work with Outlook 2013,
>    or are there any plans to make it compatible with 2013?  SpamBayes
>    worked great with Outlook 2010, before I unfortunately “upgraded” to
>    Outlook 2013 by unthinkingly clicking on some upgrade box that came up,
>    only to find out later that SpamBayes does not work with 2013.  I’m
>    being overwhelmed with junk mail again after getting so much relief
>    using your software.  I will appreciate any information you can give
>    me.
>
>    Thanks,

Cliff:

Others have posted here in the past that it CAN be made to work with
outlook 2013, but there are some things you need to do specially.
1. you must be using 32-bit Outlook even if you have 64-bit windows.
2. you must install Spambayes in some place other than the usual program
folder. I have no clue why.

having said that, I am using Outlook 2013, too, but haven't really tried
very hard to make it work, since the company runs a pretty good spam
filter so that only a little gets thru.

good luck!

Fred

PS:
I wish someone who was familiar with Python would pick up spambayes and
fix up issues like these, it's too good to just let it rot.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?