[Spambayes] Outlook Express and Windows XP

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Mar 25 14:04:32 CET 2015

I am not sure to which page you are referring, but this FAQ page -
SpamBayes on Windows <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html> -
does point out that the plugin does not work with Outlook Express.  As
you have implied, the configuration may seem daunting at first, but it
is not exceedingly so.  As a proxy, SpamBayes is an intermediary between
your email client and your mail provider's servers.  If you look at your
server settings in Outlook Express, those values get moved to the
proxy.  Outlook Express is changed to point to SpamBayes, usually
localhost or 127.0.0.1 and port 8110.  The workaround for Outlook
Express mentioned previously is required.

As you mentioned, if your spam situation has improved, then SpamBayes
may not be needed.  However, for many, when 80% or more of received
email is spam, the program is essential.

I hope this helps explain things.

Dale