[Spambayes] Problems with W10 64b & Outlook 2013 32b

Adam White contactadam at verizon.net
Sat Nov 7 21:25:49 EST 2015

I have used Spambayes for a long, long time and even though the project is
evidently dead I cannot give it up (if anyone knows of a decent replacement
for it, please let me know!).  Meanwhile I am trying to get Spambayes to
work on a computer running Windows 10 64-bit and Outlook 2013 32 bit.  I
downloaded and installed Spambayes version 1.1a6.  I read the note that said
some people had trouble installing it in the default location but I went
ahead and installed it there anyway.  It seemed to install just fine and I
went through training using Junk messages from a saved PST file (i.e., not
the same PST file where my current inbox is located).  At some point (I
think after the training completed) I received an error message saying
"Moving a message failed due to an unexpected Outlook error.  Exception
0x-7FFBFA00 (MAPI_E_CORRUPT_STORE): OLE error 0x80040600.  It is recommended
you restart Outlook at the earliest opportunity."

I wound up uninstalling Spampayes then reinstalling it to C:\spambayes but
even so I still get this same error message whenever I start Outlook - and
Spamabayes does not move any of the messages.  While researching this issue
I see people saying they have spambayes running on W10 64b + Outlook 2013
32b, so I'm wondering if there is some "left over" component somewhere
(registry?) that I must manually remove when uninstalling spambayes?

One other point (doubt this matters - but who knows?): this computer was
originally built with Windows 8 OS - then I recently upgraded it to W10 via
the free MS windows update program.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Adam