[Spambayes] ... is Spambayes still supported?

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Feb 15 11:43:56 EST 2016

If something breaks, many times Skip Montanaro will fix it, as he
monitors this list; however, I don't believe any new development is
happening.

If you are not bound to the Outlook plugin, the sb_server version will
work with just about any email client.  Configuration and training are
done through a web page (http://localhost:8880).  If using Windows 7 or
above, the recommended installation directory is C:\spambayes.  Do not
use the default install directory.

There is also a script in the install directory to install SpamBayes as
a Windows service, which I find to be a good option, especially when set
to start automatically.

Like Fred, I intend to run it until it no longer works.  It's that good,
although the proliferation of encrypted mail makes the job a bit harder
by hiding the body of the message.  The same applies when the body of
the email is an image, something many spammers do.  That being said,
SpamBayes works well for me, even in a business environment where one
server classifies mail for many users.

Dale