[Spambayes] Spam Bayes and Outlook 2013

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Nov 24 20:11:23 EST 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 04:46:54PM -0500, Jerry Thorne wrote:
>    I have been using Spam Bayes for years on my older XP lap top with
>    Outlook 2003/2007.  When I got a Lenovo P400 in 2013 now running Win
>    8.1, the Outlook 2013 worked with Spam Bayes for a long time, until
>    recently.  I get the idea a recent UPDATE screwed up the program.
>    Outlook will not start normally unless I disable Spam Bayes.  Anyone
>    out there have the same problem or fixed it?  I have tried the usual
>    ideas like C:\SpamBayes for the directory, and shutting of the graphics
>    accelerator with no luck.  Does anyone know a Microsoft KBxxxxxxx file
>    number that could be the trouble?  I would certainly delete it to make
>    my Spam Bayes work again.

Based on other postings to this list, I understand that Spambayes works
on newer Windows versions (probably 8.x is included) only if you use a
32-bit version of Outlook.

I've also read about there being issues with where it is installed. If
you let the installer drop it wherever it likes, I recall having read
that it won't work. there was something about putting it completely
outside of the normal directory tree where windows installs things,
though I don't remember details.

good luck!

PS:
Or, a suggestion: you could switch to LInux. it works great on my
succession of LInux boxen. :) :) :)

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.