[Spambayes] getting spam bayes to run in Outlook 10

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Nov 16 13:29:36 EST 2017

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 05:27:56PM +0000, Bob Brown wrote:
>    Hi:
>

>    I have tried repeatedly to install Spam Bayes and get the following
>    message when trying to activate it:
>
>                   Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading
>    of the COM Add-in.
>

>    I have tried running the \bin\outlook_addin_register.exe,  but it does
>    not fix the problem.  Can you tell me what I am missing?  I am running
>    64-bit Windows 7 Professional and Office Professional Plus 2010

according to other postings I've seen here, Spambayes requires you to
use 32-bit Outlook even if your OS is 64-bit.

once you get past that hurdle there are some others, e.g., you must
not install spambayes in the default location. suggestinos I've seen
include dropping the spambayes folder directly in the root directory.

since I run spambayes on Linux, I have no direct experience using it
on Winders so I probably cannot help beyond these suggestions.

But I wish  you good luck!

Fred

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.