[Spambayes] SB Logging using Outlook 2013 problem

Albert McCann albert.mccann at outlook.com
Thu Sep 20 10:51:08 EDT 2018

I'm having a problem with SpamBays not logging at all.

I installed SB for Outlook 2013 on my desktop a few days ago, and it does work. It scores properly, and moves spam and unsure messages to the proper folders. This is on 64 bit Windows 7, with 32 bit Office, and SB installed into "C:\SpamBayes".

What I'm having a problem with is that it's not creating the spambayes[0-4].log files. My temp folder has been moved to "C:\Temp\albertj", which makes it easier to navigate to than buried in the user profile directory. (Windows apps leave a ton of rubbish behind in the temp folder, so much so that I have a startup script that cleans most of the junk out, but that doesn't delete log files.)

What's weird is that it DOES log on my 64 bit Windows 8.1 notebook with 32 bit Outlook, and installed into the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpamBayes" directory. I started with the same install directory on the desktop and moved to the "C:\SpamBayes" directory to see if it would log correctly, but that made no change. Both the notebook and the desktop are using Avast AV, (which excludes the SB directories). There's no error messages of any kind about SB or Outlook Add-ins not working.

At one point earlier this year, I had Python 3.7 installed on the desktop, which has since been removed, and I'm wondering if there's some left behind config file or setting that's causing a problem. I've searched through the registry and there's no Python config info I can find there.

One other thing, the desktop has Visual Studio 2017 installed, the notebook does not.

I've tried the Verbose setting of "1", and that made no difference.

Does anyone have a clue stick they can tap (or beat!) me with, or any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Albert McCann
--
Politically Correct programming: "The AlGoreRhythm".