[Speed] Getting the project off the ground

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:45:49 CEST 2011

Hi Marty,

we are currently working on several things. Depending on your
experience/interests you may want to help in some:
* Danilo is implementing error bars and improving multi-project
support in the views as a GSoC (no coding help needed, but maybe more
ideas on what statistics features would make sense to have)
* Frank wants to start implementation of a RESTful API to all data
* Together with Stefan (RoarVM) and Chuck (speed.rubyspec.org) I am
fixing bugs/polishing/documenting
* There is a feature request (PyPy) for implementing a new view to
display regressions
* Another feature request are benchmark grouping (see the problem on
speed.rubyspec.org)
* The reports (sort of overall improvement/regression of all results
for a revision) need to be redesigned to be less regression biased
* Codespeed needs a website, even if just a basic one (can be hosted
at Github itself)
* Unit test coverage is currently only about 33% for the backend (no
UI tests yet)

All of these will be useful for speed.python.org, of course.

To get learn a bit more, you can go to the wiki:
https://github.com/tobami/codespeed/wiki
And read the Overview and Roadmap pages (which may need some updating)

There are also a lot of open feature issues on
https://github.com/tobami/codespeed/issues
And we also have a mailing list at groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/codespeed

So if you are interested on some of the items mentioned, or even have
other ideas just add/edit issues on Github or start a discussion
thread!
Miquel