[Speed] Restore the splash screen until code speed has content

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 00:24:46 CET 2011

Currently, speed.python.org is serving up an empty code speed instance
instead of the info page

That's substantially worse than the previous situation, since it
offers zero explanation of why the instance is empty, or how anyone
can get involved in populating it. (I specifically went to look at the
site because I have someone asking me questions about
multi-interpreter benchmarking and I wanted to suggest getting
involved here - now I need to spend more time digging in order to find
information to give them about the current status of the project).

Could whoever put the empty code speed instance in place please revert
the change and set up the experimental code speed instance to be
served from "speed.python.org/codespeed" rather than the root URL (at
least until it is properly configured and actually running
benchmarks). Once it is more than an empty shell, *then* it can be
moved to the root of the domain, and the info from the splash page
moved to the "About" page of the codespeed instance.

Regards,
Nick.