[Speed] Disable hash randomization to get reliable benchmarks

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 05:01:06 EDT 2016

Hello Victor,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Last months, I spent a lot of time on microbenchmarks. Probably too
> much time :-) I found a great Linux config to get a much more stable
> system to get reliable microbenchmarks:
> https://haypo-notes.readthedocs.org/microbenchmark.html
>
> * isolate some CPU cores

you might be interested in cpusets and the cset utility: in theory, they
allow you to isolate one CPU without having to reboot to change the kernel
parameters:

http://skebanga.blogspot.it/2012/06/cset-shield-easily-configure-cpusets.html
https://github.com/lpechacek/cpuset
​

​However, I never did a scientific comparison between cpusets and isolcpu
to see if the former behaves exactly like the latter.

​ciao,
Anto​