[stdlib-sig] Proposal: new "interpreter" module

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:29:00 CEST 2008

On 05/04/2008, Benjamin Peterson <musiccomposition at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Data and functions that are available in all Python implementations and
>    deal with the general running of a Python VM.
[...]
>    - subversion, copyright, hexversion, version, and version_info

subversion seems specific to CPython (and in fact, to the current
development processes for CPython - if we moved to a DVCS like
Mercurial or Bazaar, sys.subversion would have to go, or at least
change meaning significantly).

>    - flags, py3kwarning, dont_write_bytecode, and warn_options

dont_write_bytecode is CPython-specific, aren't they? Jython and
IronPython don't use bytecode files as far as I know.

The rest looks OK to me.
Paul.