[stdlib-sig] Any more packaging suggestions? March 15th deadline for ideas!

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Fri Feb 29 03:00:59 CET 2008

[Brett]
> On the web-sig I am working on how to handle
> urllib/urllib2/urlparse and Cookie/cookielib.

Why have a package for cookies?  It's not a five
module monster.  In this case, the additional
mental cost of having a package will more than
offset the mental savings of having one less
top level module.

Some of the cookie stuff is long since deprecated
or dying from neglect.  How about removing the
deadwood and rolling it into a single module?

IMO, packages are for organizing large amounts
of code.  That doesn't apply here.

Raymond