[stdlib-sig] mac module trouble

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Jun 28 20:02:27 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:40 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Benjamin Peterson wrote:
>> Removal of the Mac modules resulted in the Mac framework install
>> breaking because many of the install scripts depended upon the modules
>> (see #3174). My current plan is too make a built copy of the IDLE part
>> of the distribution and kill off every other script that uses the
>> external modules. Comments?
>
> Isn't that an indication that the modules in question are still needed
> and should thus not be removed ?!

Ronald didn't seem to think so. Benjamin's suggestion is based on Ronald's idea.

As for the idea of having a built version with IDLE, as long as
someone else can build it from source, that's fine. As Ronald said,
sticking the file in Mac/Tools and having the build use those files as
needed to build IDLE should be fine if they are truly only funky stuff
that IDLE uses.

-Brett