[stdlib-sig] Processing module inclusion into the stdlib proposal

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Mar 20 14:24:01 CET 2008

Le mardi 18 mars 2008 à 11:44 -0400, Jesse Noller a écrit :
> I have started work on a PEP for the inclusion of the PyProcessing
> module (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/processing/ and
> http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pyprocessing) for inclusion into
> the stdlib in an upcoming release.

I've never used the processing module, but I think including a
high-level cross-platform process-based concurrency mechanism to the
stdlib is a great idea. The API also seems very nice to me.

The only small remark I can make just by reading the doc is that
"Manager" is a very poor class name - couldn't it be something more
descriptive ? :-)

regards

Antoine.