[stdlib-sig] Removing the deprecated sre module?

Alexandre Vassalotti alexandre at peadrop.com
Tue May 6 00:35:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I know that the deadline for module removal is now passed, but I think
we forgot to decide what should happen to the deprecated sre module:

>>> import sre
:1: DeprecationWarning: The sre module is deprecated, please import re.
>>> help(sre)
DESCRIPTION
    This file is only retained for backwards compatibility.
    It will be removed in the future.  sre was moved to re in version 2.5.

Currently, the sre module is just a stub that imports the re module.
So, I don't think removing in Py3k will cause any problem.

Cheers,
-- Alexandre