[stdlib-sig] gestalt, too?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu May 15 09:35:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Ronald Oussoren
<ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> On 14 May, 2008, at 22:07, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That won't be me, I barely have time to work on Python at the moment and
>>> am
>>> focussing all time I have on ensuring that Python2.6 will be the best
>>> possible release on OSX.
>>>
>>> How did you change platform? That module uses gestalt to calculate the
>>> osx
>>> platform version and architecture.
>>>

>> It looks like Benjamin didn't change it. The unit tests still passed,
>> though, possibly because platform.mac_ver() has a fallback if the
>> gestalt import failed.
>
> I guess I'll have to find some time to add some unittests for
> platform.mac_ver then ;-)
>

>> I will create an issue to add back in gestalt. What about that little
>> module for urllib to get proxy info? How is that coming along?
>
> That's already committed in the trunk, I guess it will be merged in py3k
> later on.

I see the code using ctypes now. Assuming no one blocked the commit
for 3.0, then yes, it will get backported. Although a quick check of
svnmerge-integrated seems to suggest the commit was not backported
during the last merge. Crap. I will have a look.

-Brett