[stdlib-sig] futures - a new package for asynchronous execution

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:32:09 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

>> Which API? My comment wasn't aimed at the API of the package - in the
>> time I got to scan it last night nothing jumped out at me as overly
>> offensive API-wise.
>
> Not offensive, but probably too complicated if it's meant to be a simple
> helper. Anyway, let's wait for the PEP.

The PEP is right here:

http://code.google.com/p/pythonfutures/source/browse/trunk/PEP.txt

I'm interested in hearing specific complaints about the API in the
context of what it's trying to *do*. The only thing which jumped out
at me was the number of methods on FutureList; but then again, each
one of those makes conceptual sense, even if they are verbose -
they're explicit on what's being done.

jesse