[stdlib-sig] futures - a new package for asynchronous execution

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Nov 7 18:26:38 CET 2009

Brett Cannon schrieb:
> [I am going to be lazy and mass reply to people with a top-post; you
> can burn an effigy of me later]

> on. Unfortunately the hat was on rather firmly and I totally forgot to
> check to see how old the code is. Yet another reason I need to get the
> Hg conversion done so I can start writing a "Adding to the Stdlib"
> PEP.

I think it isn't entirely wrong to post to stdlib-sig about an interesting
area that could use a battery, and to present code that may become that
battery given enough time.  That way, we who need to accept the code later
can suggest API changes or point out problems now, instead of just before
inclusion when incompatible changes will only upset the (by then hopefully
many) users of the existing package.

Now if I could remember where I put the matches...

Georg