[stdlib-sig] standardizing the deprecation policy (and how noisy they are)

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Nov 10 10:26:47 CET 2009

Hi List,

Guido said:
> At Google we use a hacked-up version of pylint which seems infinitely
> flexible in the checks you can specify. I assume that the public
> version of pylint is just as capable -- someone just needs to write a
> rule for it.

Now that you mention it... I have tried in the past to get people from
Google to contribute these changes back to the trunk_, but without
success.

There will be a `pylint bug day`_ via internet on nov 25th, 2009.

Any chance you could pass the info to the Google employees in charge
of the hacked-up version of pylint ?

.. _trunk: http://www.logilab.org/hg/pylint
.. _`pylint bug day`: http://www.logilab.org/blogentry/18781

Thanks in advance,

PS: If someone else from the list is reading this and wants to join
and maybe implement the checking rule mentionned above in the thread,
please do!

--
Nicolas Chauvat