[stdlib-sig] logging

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:58:30 CEST 2009

> I'm not personally tied to any convention, I normally work with the convention
> for the project. Logging's divergence from PEP 8 is, as you say, historical,
> and when the Py4K time comes around, I'll be rolling up my sleeves and getting
> on with the conversion :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Vinay Sajip

In all seriousness, why not do something like what we started with the
threading module? We added pep8 aliases and started marking the old
API deprecated. They'll follow the common deprecation guidelines we
already have.

That, plus the dict config option you mentioned plus a doc re-org
would probably go a long way to improving the PR of the module.

jesse