[stdlib-sig] Breaking out the stdlib

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 15 19:54:23 CEST 2009

Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 10:19 -0700, Brett Cannon a écrit :
> (the crowd was rather enthusiastic
> during Steven's lightning talk at PyCon 2010 about argparse).

Is it a typo or a rhetorical trick? ;)

> Nor do I
> want Python's reputation tarnished, as Collin pointed out, by having
> old modules sitting there in the standard library.

Python's reputation will certainly get tarnished, however, if
widely-used modules get deprecated and removed. We will already get some
damage with all of the py3k changes. No need to worsen our case, IMO.

Regards

Antoine.

PS : Perhaps I'm the only one bothered by this, but it would be nice if
people trimmed quoted messages a bit more. Having to scroll 3 pages
before reading the actual reply is tedious.