[stdlib-sig] PEP time: "put up or shut up" on the stuff being discussed

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Sep 15 20:51:43 CEST 2009

OK, I think everyone's opinions on adding argparse (Steven), breaking
out the standard library from python-dev (Frank), and potentially
pruning the standard library (Jesse?) has been heard and we are
starting to go in circles. At this point it's time for the respective
parties to go off and write their PEPs before these threads start to
get nasty (e.g. Antoine's comments about multiprocessing, while I am
sure not meant to be insulting, were probably not welcome by Jesse; I
know I would not have liked them about importlib).

People are free to keep discussing if they want obviously, but I am
going to stop participating and focus on helping with the PEPs where I
can.

-Brett