[stdlib-sig] Breaking out the stdlib

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 15 23:22:28 CEST 2009

Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 17:14 -0400, R. David Murray a écrit :

> Actually I believe I heard from someone other than Laura that required
> options were explicitly rejected.

This is one of the reasons why I'm against exclusive module ownership.
If a reasonable number of people think a feature would benefit the
community, the module owner shouldn't be able to veto it on ideological
(or whatever other personal) grounds.

In any case, this is not directly an argument against optparse itself,
if someone (Armin?) decides to maintain it with a more open attitude.