[stdlib-sig] MISC/maintainers.txt anyone?

Jesse Noller jnoller at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 01:00:43 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> 2009/9/15 Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 6:38 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, tables in a text file? I can see it, it's just always wacky.
>
> emacs table mode!

while emacs might be the One True Editor, some of us are Unwashed
Heathens who don't use it. So saying "emacs table mode" reads as "as
useful as a beef jerky bikini" ;)

> Why? It's not meant to be all official-like, just to help people
> triaging bugs or having questions about the code. I don't see how it
> would benefit the person trying to find out how to use module X in the
> official docs.

Having a table in the official docs at least gives people an idea who
to +noisy on bugs. How many multiprocessing bugs have you had to
reassign, or even *add* me to because people outside of our group
don't know?