[stdlib-sig] MISC/maintainers.txt anyone?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Sep 16 01:39:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 at 01:01, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> That would be a third source of info about who maintains what.
>
> If this file is created it should maybe override and cover what PEP
> 360 and PEP 291 provides
>
> - some modules/packages backward compatibility infos

I think this (PEP 291) should be referenced in the header of the file,
since it would help inform various decisions.  What it lists is
something different from what maintainers.txt is proposed to list,
since the PEP is talking about the maintenance of the non-stdlib
versions of those modules.  (Granted, that's relevant for the
maintenance of the stdlib version, but not conclusive.)

> - a list of externally maintained packages

Antoine should hate this one (PEP 360) :)  And it is, essentially, a
deprecated PEP.  (Which opens the question of what we should do about
the modules it lists...though apparently we can now remove optik/optparse
from it.)

> (some of these info are a bit outdated though)

Indeed.

--David