[summerofcode] Some people want to work on my project. But...

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jun 4 02:33:56 CEST 2005

Hans Nowak wrote:
> On 6/3/05, Brett C. <bac at ocf.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>>Hans Nowak wrote:
>>
>>>Also, do I have to be a mentor in order for people to be selected to
>>>work on Wax?
>>>

>>Not necessarily.  As long as the PSF takes on the project it will be our
>>specific burden to help.  Obviously with Wax being your project it would be
>>good if you could act as the direct mentor for the person on the project.  It
>>would probably help its chances on being cleared if you did help out.
>

> I don't mind being a mentor, but my usefulness will probably be
> limited to Wax. Will that be a problem? Or is a mentor expected to be
> able to help out on any open source project?

I would add yourself to the mentor list, but just specify you can probably only
help with Wax projects.  I am also guessing that any project that modifies or
works with an existing project will lead the PSF to contact the lead developer
to see if they can help out.

-Brett