[Texas] [python-advocacy] [dfwPython] brainstorming new ways to teach Python 101

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:36:31 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Brad Allen <bradallen137 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>
> wrote:
> > I have a 2 hour Python Syntax talk, which is really abou 150 things to
> enter
> > at the python prompt, with a few things to say about each.
>
> Cool, that sounds useful. Where can we find it?
>
> > When is the event?  What is th AV plan?
>
> Saturday, August 28  (see http://pytexas.org).
>
> Tim Freund volunteered to drive to Texas and help with AV. We're still
> waiting for other volunteers to step forward and assist, and I think
> we'll probably have some locals be forthcoming pretty soon. (My wife,
> Bonnie, will be on hand to help though she doesn't have any AV
> experience).
>
> Personally I'd enjoy having a video covering the event more like a
> news crew, rather than strictly one video per talk.

This is a cool idea, but there's a lot to be said for having one video per
talk as far as archival purposes are concerned.

I often like to kick back and watch videos from conferences I wasn't able to
attend (or for talks I missed) while waiting for long db builds or
compilation sessions.

Do we have the resources to do both?

Also, do we know what that groovy video-mixing software they use at PyCon is
called?

 Tim? Do you want to say anything about AV-related planning?