[Texas] RackSpace party needs a venue

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:45:35 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rusty Haddock <rusty at fe2o3.lonestar.org>
Date: Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [dfwPython] RackSpace party needs a venue
To: Brad Allen <bradallen137 at gmail.com>

Brad Allen wrote:
   >Folks, the Dr. Pepper Museum is not going to work for hosting the
   >Rackspace party (see Haley's comments below).  We need some ideas for
   >other venues with room for potentially 50 to 100 people.

I highly recommend a local firehouse -- the bigger the station the better.
They usually have some sort of community hall/meeting room attached or
close-by.  Many times these rooms are free but with a deposit in case
you don't clean up after yourself. :-) I rented space in a station up
in McKinney for my radio club's chili supper.

Maybe not as "classy" as some other places but the newer stations can
be nicely done!

       -Rusty-
--
  _____                Rusty Haddock  <=>  AE5AE
|\/   o \   o             Way out yonder in the