[Texas] Two Requested Source Fragments From My Talks

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 21:20:55 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:
> Under the description of my "What Does This Code Do?" talk, I've added
> two links to source I showed and folks asked for copies of:
>
>    http://pytexas.org/2010/TalksAgenda#talk8
>
> * Using Control-C to Drop into Debugger of a Running Program
> * Dropping a Logging Aspect over All Methods of a Class
>
> Have fun with them, and thanks for a wonderful pyTexas event everyone!

Thanks, Jeff. That was a really fun talk, and I especially enjoyed the
interactive aspect of querying the audience. It probably could have
been a little more interactive if you hadn't been short on time due to
the room switch.

It was interesting to sort of romp around through a range of
interesting coding tricks, mindbenders, and examples designed to show
off Python idioms. Also, you showed some examples of problems for
which there is no elegant, clear coding solution.

This approach to talk content could be extended into many more
examples; it would be hard to imagine any talk in that format being
truly comprehensive, so I'd like to propose we do more talks in that
format, but with other code examples. What would be a good name for
talks in this format?