[Texas] I'm in S. Louisiana. can you tell me anything about local Python UG's?

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 04:34:41 CET 2010

Hi James,

We have active Python user groups in Austin, Houston, and the DFW
area. I personally have found Python user groups helpful for learning,
professional development, and general fun.

Some user groups get off the ground using meetup.com; you might try
searching for "python" on meetup.com to see if anyone else in your
area has registered an interest.

We also have a yearly event called PyTexas you might find worth the
drive. We don't have a definite date locked in for 2011; it will most
likely take place next August in Waco.  For 2010 we had a great
turnout with 94 attendees and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun.

PyArkansas might also be driving distance for you, and of course PyCon
in Atlanta next March would be a longer drive but well worth the time
and travel cost.

Any of these annual events will be a good way for you to meet other
Python enthusiasts, increase your skills, and get ideas for how to
organize a local user group.