[Texas] 10 Reasons You Should Attend PyTexas 2011...Register Now!

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 02:48:32 CEST 2011

We're up to 55 registrations, with 44 confirmed and the remainder
tentative. So far zero "no" entries. That's great to see in only the
second day of registration!

Please keep working to spread the word.  I need to make a decision
very soon on how many t-shirts to order. My hope is that we could get
up to 150 attendees, since last year we had 94 and everybody seemed to
have fun and might bring more friends this year. Please reach out to
your friends and coworkers, and bear in mind that we can help
beginners get started with Python on Saturday morning's Teach-In. This
year I thought we might focus on helping beginners with
build/install/packaging stuff, to empower them take advantage PyPI in
conjunction with tools like pip and virtualenv. However, the Teach In
is aimed at being flexible and getting beginners whatever help they
need to get started...face time with a mentor for 2 hrs.