[Texas] Testers needed - Cement CLI Application Framework v2

BJ Dierkes wdierkes at 5dollarwhitebox.org
Mon Dec 5 21:23:56 CET 2011

Hello all,

This is my first post to the list, however figured since I can't seem to get much global interest in Cement2 perhaps my Texas brethren will be more inclined to get involved.  For what it's worth, I'm a Linux Systems Developer (Python) out of San Antonio, TX and use Cement for all command line applications that I write at work as well as for personal projects.

About the project:

Cement is an advanced framework for building command line applications.  It lays out the foundation that all/most command line applications require such as config file parsing, option parsing, logging, loading plugins, etc…  allowing the developer to focus on the application logic right away.  Cement version 0.8.x has been stable for over a year, and for the last 6 months I've been working on a complete re-write of the core library.  Version 1.9.2 beta was recently released, and development continues out of the Portland branch on GitHub:

	https://github.com/derks/cement/tree/portland

The documentation is mostly complete, along with 98% nose coverage.

	http://readthedocs.org/docs/cement/en/portland/

What I'm looking for at this point is really just getting other developers looking at it, and hopefully gaining some bug reports and/or feature requests for what other command line developers would like to see.

Please let me know if you have any questions, any feedback is welcome.

---
derks