[Texas] Texas Digest, Vol 30, Issue 9

Walker Hale IV walker.hale.iv at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:13:22 CEST 2011

This is a clever logo, but it is the most violating of PSF trademark
protection. Using it, especially without permission could damage the
Python Software Foundation's claim to the official Python logo. (In
trademark law, if you don't defend your logo against derivatives, you
loose ownership of the logo.)

Please read the section on "Derived Logos" in
http://www.python.org/psf/trademarks/

Then again, perhaps the <joke> tag in the message signifies that we
should not take this logo seriously.

It's really clever.

-Walker