[Texas] brainstorming PyTexas 2011

Josh Marshall catchjosh at gmail.com
Sun May 1 06:50:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Jeremy Kelley <jeremy at 33ad.org> wrote:

> I love the corewars idea, ++ for that.

I also love the corewars idea, in fact I like it so much I really am
thinking it would be best if it were it's own event. I think doing it on top
of / at the same time as the Sunday sprints + tutorials would not do it
justice, but I do think PyTexas would be a great place to announce it, do a
lightning talk about it, etc. and then plan it for some time shortly after
PyTexas. Completely disregard if you guys think it won't be a problem to
manage it.

> I'd propose the following list to kickstart:
>
> - newbies hour!
> - core stdlib review
> - basic text processing
> - web framework
> - nosql (focus on the python driver, of course)
> - threaded / multiprocessing

Wait, where's the asynchronous programming / coroutines tutorial? :)