[Texas] PyTexas 2011 needs volunteer site coordinator

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 23:24:38 CEST 2011

Jeremy Kelley volunteered to act as the venue liason with the Texas
A&M folks, and has done a great job in negotiating the availability.

Now we need a another volunteer to step forward and take on
responsibilities as Site Coordinator. This will require a trip to
Texas A&M to meet with Jeremy to work on the following:

* Scope out the site to take pictures and determine the conference
needs (power outlets, where to put the schedule, etc)
* Draw up a rough diagram of available spots for registration, sponsor
tables, refreshments & snacks, etc.
* Test the projector in each room
* Document the features of each available room (whiteboards, projector
& connectivity info,
* Determine the placement of signage to point the way to the conference.
* Learn about and document any other circumstances relevant to the
event (such as campus policies which might affect attendee behavior)

I would prefer this volunteer to be someone who can act quickly and
can coordinate with myself and Jeremy to get this done sometime within
the month of June (the earlier the better). The main time pressure on
this is to determine what amount of booth space we can offer sponsors.
The other items are nice to get done sooner rather than later, but
sponsors need to know right away in order to start planning.

If you're willing to take on this critical responsibility, please
email me directly.

Thanks!