[Texas] PyTexas 2012 leadership opportunity

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:07:53 CEST 2011

Hello,

Would anyone like to take on the chairman role for PyTexas 2012? I
would like to step down and make way for the next person to take on
the challenge, while making myself available to help as a volunteer
and mentor to the next chairman.

The chairman role going forward will hopefully be easier and require
less time commitment, now that the group of volunteers has grown so
large. For example, one person has already mentioned they could take
on sponsorship coordination responsibilities. There is also an
energetic team who has volunteered to built out additional
functionality in the PyTexas website.

The next couple of months is a good time to start thinking about what
we want to do for PyTexas 2011. Do we want to follow the same format,
or possibly consider a BarCamp-style unconference? Should we plan for
a meeting or sprint at PyCon? Do we want to hold it in College Station
again this year? There was some talk about larger spaces being
available.

The sooner we can establish leadership, the sooner we can make
important decisions which will enable a successful conference next
year.