[Texas] PyTexas 2012 leadership opportunity

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:24:24 CEST 2011

The Austin option sounds interesting, and I'm glad to learn you're
excited about it.

Moving to a hotel introduces a huge effort and set of costs. A
supportive university can offer a better value proposition, and in my
experience a better chance at reliable, scalable wifi.

It would be worth checking into whether UT or St. Edwards has a strong
enough interest in Python to be supportive and could reserve a large
enough room to bring all attendees together for the keynote and other
plenary activities. Do you know if those universities have Python
proponents on faculty or administration, who could champion and
support getting a nice venue for PyTexas 2012?

There was some fairly serious talk at TAMU about reserving a much
larger, nicer space for next year. Since two departments make heavy
use of Python (the IT dept and the College of Architecture), and the
TAMU Comp Sci dept actually teaches using Python, there seems to be
significant interest in hosting PyTexas again next year at TAMU.