[Texas] [PSF-Board] pytexas.org DNS

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 4 21:23:49 CET 2012

Zitat von David Duncan <dduncan at rubackedup.com>:

> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Brad Allen <bradallen137 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The EasyDNS payment for pytexas.org is due on Mar 10; I am willing to
>> continue handling payment and management of this DNS, unless anyone
>> has a better idea of how it should be managed. Any thoughts?
>
> is there a non-profit association that can handle this better or are
> we just a loosely coupled group of enthusiasts who take care of each
> other?
> I expect that we are the latter and to that end, what can we do to
> limit the effect on Brad's wallet for this stewardship?

I'm not quite sure why a regional Python organization needs to have its
own domain name. If you want to get a sub-domain of python.org, that
could be arranged; if you want to just have content below

http://wiki.python.org/moin/LocalUserGroups

you can add this yourself without asking anybody. We don't have the
resources (in terms of people, not money) to handle site management for
all local user groups world-wide; people need to self-organize for this
to work (and do local fund-raising if they consider the the
infrastructure offerings of the PSF inadequate).

Regards,
Martin