[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Re: Graphing package for Tkinter? (Fredrik Lundh)

Kenneth McDonald kmmcdonald at wisc.edu
Thu Apr 22 15:40:02 EDT 2004

Fred,

I did download and install wck and wckgraph. I'd love to play
with wck, it looks really nice! Too many toys, too little time,
hopefully in the next month or so...

If you have need/use for a "semi-batch-driven" Python
graphing facility (with Tk as an optional backend for
viewing and simple manipulation), check out
matplotlib.sourceforge.net. Very nice output, quite a
bit of capability, though the Python OO API is a little
clunky at the moment (but the project is aware of that,
and working on it.)

Posted to the mailing list in case others might be
interested in matplotlib.

Thanks,
Ken