[Tkinter-discuss] getting data out of a Bwidget Password Dialog

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:01:04 CET 2004

I've been looking through the Bwiddgets, and adding some documentation
to the Tkinter wiki.  I'm struggling with the password dialog. I can
draw one, but I can't get the data out of it.  I've looked into the
.tcl for clues, and it appears that the class may return a list
containing the login and password, but I can't figure out how to get
that data!  Any clues? Here's what I have so far:

from Tkinter import *
from bwidget import *
t = Tk()
t.title('password')

global p

def printMe(s):
	print s
	print p.get()
	p.destroy()

b = Button(t, relief=LINK, text="Quit", command=t.destroy)
b.pack()

p = PasswordDialog(t, type="okcancel", labelwidth=10,
		command=lambda s='have pwd': printMe(s))
t.mainloop()

thanks,
--
Stewart Midwinter