[Tkinter-discuss] Problem trying to use Tkinter in non-gui script

Cameron Laird Cameron at Phaseit.net
Fri Jul 9 22:10:51 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:15:35PM -0500, Jeff Epler wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> Tkinter works on the local machine (windows, macintosh) or using the
> X11 networking protocol.  You can't run Tkinter code on the server side
> of a web application.
			.
			.
			.
Right; I believe Mr. Ramdas has already moved on to
JavaScript.  For completeness I'll note that the Tk die-
hards have at least a couple of ways to use Tk itself on
the client side (<URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/swank > and
though, that JavaScript is far closer to what Mr. Ramdas
has in mind.