[Tkinter-discuss] Problem trying to use Tkinter in non-gui script

Parimala Ramdas Parimala.Ramdas at Zoran.com
Mon Jul 12 17:24:58 CEST 2004

>> Tkinter works on the local machine (windows, macintosh) or using the
>> X11 networking protocol.  You can't run Tkinter code on the server
side
>> of a web application.
			.
			.
			.
> Right; I believe Mr. Ramdas has already moved on to
> JavaScript.  For completeness I'll note that the Tk die-
> hards have at least a couple of ways to use Tk itself on
> the client side (<URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/swank > and
> though, that JavaScript is far closer to what Mr. Ramdas
> has in mind.

Thank you both for the feedback. I will try Tk and javascript to see
which one suits the requirement better. As Laird pointed out, it might
be the latter. And its not Mr. but a Ms.

Parimala