[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Tkinter aesthetic

Stewart Midwinter stewart at midtoad.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 17 12:20:16 EST 2004

Hola che!

Tkinter is just a set of Python wrappers (if that's the right word) around the
Tk GUI toolset that is written in the Tcl language.  so, the question needs to
be asked of the Tcl/Tk community.

Of course, the answer is of interest to the Python community since we use it.

I'm guessing that the look of Tk widgets is due to the way it achieves it
cross-platform independence.  I have a Tkinter app that I move seamlessly from
Windows to Linux and back again.   To me, anyway, that independence is worth
something.   If we get a nicer look (and for me, Qt has the nicest look of all
the GUI toolkits), but lose that independence, we won't have advanced at all. Of
course, if we can get a more modern look and retain that independence, I'm all
for it.

As for GTK, after at least 5 hours and numerous attempts, I *still* can't get it
working under Windows!

 On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:51:28
-0300"Batista, Facundo" <FBatista at uniFON.com.ar> spake thusly:

--
Stewart Midwinter
running on Mandrake Linux 9.2

Umwelt schuetzen, Rad benuetzen!