[Tkinter-discuss] Administrative items
jepler at unpythonic.net
Wed Mar 17 20:21:53 EST 2004
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 08:50:16PM +0000, Martin Franklin wrote:
> What do people want in the Widget list / Widget pages? Example usage? A
> discussion of all the widget specific options? I guess a python
> translation of the Tk man pages would be a start?
Well, one route to go is a translation of the Tk manpage into Python
terms. An example of this (done mostly manually) is now at
Comments, please. I don't intend to do another unless response is
Problems I see:
* Options vary according to Tk version. We'd have to decide on a
version to document, and what version-dependent differences to note
* The process takes time (and I did one of the very simple pages)
* Maybe docstrings in the Tkinter module are more appropriate
* What about the other things we'd like to say (I think a sample
program and maybe even screenshots if moinmoin can do it), how do
they fit into the document when the structure is taken from a manpage?
* Can wiki pages be renamed later, or is it manual cut&paste followed
by renaming incoming links? For instance Widgets/Button vs
Widgets/Button/Manual vs WidgetReference/Button, to name three places
this page could belong.
More information about the Tkinter-discuss