[Tkinter-discuss] Administrative items

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Mar 17 20:48:00 EST 2004

> From tkinter-discuss-bounces at python.org Wed Mar 17 20:23:08 2004
> 		.
> Well, one route to go is a translation of the Tk manpage into Python
> terms.  An example of this (done mostly manually) is now at
>     http://tkinter.unpy.net/wiki/Widgets/Button
> Comments, please.  I don't intend to do another unless response is
> clearly positive...

> Problems I see:
> * Options vary according to Tk version.  We'd have to decide on a
>   version to document, and what version-dependent differences to note
> * The process takes time (and I did one of the very simple pages)
> * Maybe docstrings in the Tkinter module are more appropriate
> * What about the other things we'd like to say (I think a sample
>   program and maybe even screenshots if moinmoin can do it), how do
>   they fit into the document when the structure is taken from a manpage?
> * Can wiki pages be renamed later, or is it manual cut&paste followed
>   by renaming incoming links?  For instance Widgets/Button vs
>   Widgets/Button/Manual vs WidgetReference/Button, to name three places
>   this page could belong.
> 		.
> 		.
> 		.
1.  I consider this valuable,
2.  even though I *bet* it was costly in
    terms of your time.
3.  I have counter questions:  how about references
    on that page to <URL:
    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/button.htm >
    and <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/button >?
4.  Your questions are good ones.  I want to come back to them.