[Tkinter-discuss] Administrative items

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Thu Mar 18 23:48:13 EST 2004

Peter Milliken <PeterM at resmed.com.au> writes:

> Probably the only real answer is a comprehensive translation of the Tk pages
> into Pythonese rather than "summaries" such as the Intro - something that I
> consider quite "dangerous" because of the lack of clues that all has not be
> faithfully "translated" (IMO - very critical of a noble effort and I
> apologise if this offends anyone).

It seems to me that our time is limited and that we should focus on showing
people how to access and understand the Tcl/Tk docs in a Python context,
rather that trying to rewrite (and maintain) everything.

The problem I had initially was figuring out where to find everything,
and the wiki should help with that.

It's better to enhance the Tkinter doc strings and use the wiki for meta
information, IMHO.

Another use would be to post good examples of Tkinter code.  Possibly also
a few examples which are written in both Tkinter and Tcl so folks can see
how they compare.

--
KBK