[Tkinter-discuss] Python->Tcl lists

Jason Harper JasonHarper at pobox.com
Tue Mar 23 04:05:26 EST 2004

Does Tkinter provide any way of properly converting a Python list to a
Tcl list?

Specifically, I am trying to insert text into a Text widget with
multiple tags, which is supposedly allowed by passing a list of tag
names.  However, passing a Python list doesn't work - as far as I can
tell, the list just gets converted with str() and then split on
whitespace!  The results (as verified with .tag_names()) is a mishmash
of word fragments, including commas, quote marks, and brackets that
could have only come from the stringification of the list: no such
characters were actually part of the tags in the list.
	Jason Harper