[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter screen saver?

dblank at cs.brynmawr.edu dblank at cs.brynmawr.edu
Sun Sep 26 05:45:47 CEST 2004

Tkinter discussion,

I'm wondering if I can get Tkinter to make a window that covers the whole
screen so that we can have a Python-based screen saver?

It looks like I can't move a Tkinter window so that the title bar doesn't
show. For example, I see that Tkinter cleverly assumes that if I set a window
geometry with negative x and/or y, it positions it from the bottom/right. But
if I keep making the negative number bigger, I can get it to go off of the top
of the window; I always get the title bar on the screen. Maybe this is my
window manager's fault?

Also, I can't make a window bigger than the screen size minus the width of the
borders.

Anyone have any ideas on getting something that approximates a canvas that
covers the whole screen in Python? Thanks for any pointers,

-Doug