[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Tkinter screen saver?

Douglas S. Blank dblank at mainline.brynmawr.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:37:04 CEST 2004

Great! Had missed "overrideredirect". For anyone that is interested,
this project is really a program that runs on a hall computer LCD
display. It will no doubt change (become more dynamic/customizable), but
it currently displays images from a directory and has a ticker that runs
across the bottom. You can see the current source at:

http://bubo.brynmawr.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/DisplayProject/display.py?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Suggestions/comments always welcome.

Thanks again,

-Doug

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> <dblank at mainline.brynmawr.edu> wrote:
>

>>I'm wondering if I can get Tkinter to make a window that covers the whole
>>screen so that we can have a Python-based screen saver?
>

> try this:
>
> from Tkinter import *
>
> root = Tk()
> root.config(bg="red")
>
> w, h = root.winfo_screenwidth(), root.winfo_screenheight()
> root.overrideredirect(1)
> root.geometry("%dx%d+0+0" % (w, h))
>
> root.mainloop()
>
> </F>

Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank at brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501
Bryn Mawr College,   Computer Science Program
101 North Merion Ave,       Park Science Bld.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010  dangermouse.brynmawr.edu