[Tkinter-discuss] Re: making tkFileDialog and tkMessageBox modal on Win32

Greg Lee glee at pharsight.com
Wed Apr 13 01:10:26 CEST 2005

On Fri Apr 8 03:04:10 CEST 2005, jepeler wrote:

>If window B is not modal, (you can still work with window A while it's
>displayed) then why do you want the dialog which is conceptually the child of B
>to block interaction with A?  Maybe the behavior you saw on Windows is
>correct for this reason.

If a file-dialog child of B is active and I launch A, the rendering of A is messed up.
Application modality prevents this.  Absent this rendering problem, I probably wouldn't care (although it would still be odd that tkSimpleDialog is application-modal but tkFileDialog and tkMessageBox are not).

Greg Lee / Pharsight Corporation / Suite 200
800 W El Camino / Mountain View CA 94040
voice: 650-314-3860 / fax: 650-314-3810

This email message (including any attachments)
is for the sole use of the intended recipient
and may contain confidential  and proprietary
information.  Any disclosure or distribution
to third parties that is not specifically
authorized by the sender is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender (greg at pharsight.com) by reply
email and destroy all copies of the original
message.  Thank you.